Reality TV Show Contestant Selection From Cisive
Take the Necessary Measures to Protect Your Reputation
Reality television has evolved, but it continues to be a strong television presence that now encompasses hundreds of channels. Although reality TV remains a good financial and ratings winner for the networks, there are still concerns regarding the integrity of the contestants applying for the shows. Don’t risk your reputation when it can easily be protected.
Are Your Contestants Who They Claim to Be?
Past embarrassments of all sorts — legal or otherwise — can result in a public relations nightmare and potentially cause real damage to your reputation and your financial bottom line. And in the lawsuit-happy world we live in, contestants — including those not actually chosen for a show — can wage legal warfare against the production companies and the networks. Knowing this, it’s imperative that you take the necessary steps to investigate every potential contestant — properly and legally — for your reality programming.
The bottom line is: Are the contestants who they claim to be? Due to our long-standing history and reputation as a leader in these types of investigations, we are perfectly positioned to provide the information you’ll need to formulate the answer to this critical question.
It’s well understood that there’s no absolute standard when it comes to conducting research for reality television shows, and Cisive’s contestant-vetting research program was designed to be flexible to meet the specific needs of each show.
That said, following is a brief description of the basic investigative services we provide.
Standard Background Search
Depending on the needs of the show, this could consist of:
- On-site criminal and civil court record review at the local, state, and federal levels
- Driving history
- Media review
- Property record review
- Employment verification
- Education verification
- Sex offender registry search
- Statewide public records search
Various other searches are available and can be conducted depending on your specific requirements.
- Telephonic Interview. Interviews with family members, friends, and co-workers can be conducted to develop an in-depth portrait of a prospective contestant.
- Internet Search. Internet and social media searches are becoming an increasingly important investigative necessity. It’s the internet, after all, where the majority of these tech-savvy contestants share their real selves with their online friends and followers. So it stands to reason that a failure to review these sources would result in a serious void in the investigative process.
What might be found on the internet? Possibly an innocent tax-related document that suggests a past criminal act, or an email address that links a contestant (and intimate photos) to a porn site. Or maybe there’s a Facebook or Twitter posting that suggests a darker and more sinister side to a contestant’s personality or lifestyle.
Without an internet search, you won’t see the contestants in the same way that fans of the show will see them — until it’s too late!
- Document Review. This consists of client-requested information to flesh out a contestant’s application history, and can include financial documents and other information deemed necessary. In many ways, this type of review is a variation of the time-honored forensic technique that asks the same question multiple times but in different ways — and then analyzes and compares the answers given. Often, identified differences suggest little more than a minor and honest variation of the truth; however, they can also be a warning sign that the truth is being purposefully withheld!
Our Full Suite of Background Screening Solutions
- Criminal Background
Cisive always conducts multiple repository searches. An investigative audit confirms record accuracy, followed by a review for legal dissemination under state, federal, and international law.
- Social Security Number
Cisive conducts an inquiry on the individual's Social Security number against commercial sources to include credit bureau header information, augmented with related compiled name and address information.
- Employment & Education
Cisive is known for the thoroughness and accuracy of our investigations. Our proprietary process relies on a technology interface to ensure verifications are completed within your time frame.
- Motor Vehicle Records
Cisive conducts a statewide Motor Vehicle Record Check (MVR) of the appropriate motor vehicle files based on the state in which an operator license is issued.
- Credit History
Cisive includes credit and litigation history, Social Security number trace, and current and previous addresses, and may include current or former employers.
- Vendor Screening
Qualify prospective vendors, independent contractors, contingent workers, clients, and others to minimize potential losses from vendor-related fraud.
- Global Screening
Cisive acquires background screening information in 196 countries, with a dedicated focus on in-country processes, procedures, and compliance.
- Drug Screening
Cisive’s strategic alliance makes us a best-in-class provider of drug and alcohol testing, as well as in-house medical review services, all using the latest testing technology.
Cisive offers several options for fingerprint capture through strategic partnerships with a vast nationwide network of Live Scan locations.
- Social Media
Cisive’s strategic partner searches and analyzes your job candidate’s Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and Instagram records.
Cisive continually researches, interprets, and socializes regulatory and statutory changes associated with employment screening and related activities.
- Small Business Solution
Our background screening solution for small businesses delivers accurate, easy-to-use online background screening for criminal, credit, employment, and education verifications.